Monday, December 19, 2005

wooo

Though I should be getting ready for my trip, I decided to squeeze in a ski day at Nozawa Onsen with Lopaka, Katsu and Patrick.

It was the perfect day to be there because there were pre-season prices, no crowds, and 3 feet of fresh powder.

We only got 7 or 8 runs in though just because it was a slow moving day...lots of waiting for powderbound snowboarders, gondola-riding and a long lunch...but Patrick and I were able to jump into my favorite pockets of untouched tree skiing.

I had the best first run of the season of my life...my first 5 turns included more than a few blinding face shots of powder.

I love that area and that little town. We opted for an onsen in Nakasato instead of the boiling hot water in Nozawa, and it was perfect. Went home, ate 7-11 oden and slept like a drugged baby.

NOW to get through two busy days of work, private lessons and trying to pack for Thailand and find a way to Tokyo. I will be going from skiing in blinding blizzards to tropical beach and directly back to winter wonderland and more skiing. I will be very confused. What the hell do I pack for this place?

2 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say go out au natural - the way god made you then there's no need to pack! :-)

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Erik said...

hee hee. ok!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home