Tuesday, November 29, 2005

beat

Today was quite possibly the busiest 8 am - 4 pm day of work I've had at school. It was speaking test day and I was expected to give and grade tests to every single one of my Mizusawa students. So I ended up in every class, no break time, no bathroom time, running late from class to class because I was giving tests between bells, and worked during lunch and the lunch break too. I didn't have time to make tomorrow's activities so I'll be working tonight instead of studying for the JLPT which drives me crazy.

The only saving grace was that the English teacher actually thanked me for working so hard today. "You did a lot today! Thanks!" was what I got, but that was more than usual so at least I didn't drive home mad like I occasionally do.

The appreciation for other people's hard work is different here because supervisors never evaluate or tell you honestly anything about how well you do your job, and that is really frustrating for me because I want feedback in my professional life. I think I take work too seriously to be a JET sometimes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home