Saturday, July 23, 2005

I gotta change my pants now

Aaaaah! Was sitting in my apartment on a chill Saturday watching a movie, when I felt my apartment moving again...but this was the first kind of shaking like this I've ever felt. It was a mellow rocking, not the shift and shake that we are so used to around here. I felt like I was on a boat and my lamps were swinging. I realized it was an earthquake and that it couldn't be close to us, it had to be far.

Immediately I thought about Tokyo because that's where Debs and Alice are right now, and Martin confirmed it on NHK, it hit in Chiba right near Tokyo, a 5.7.

I am getting slightly tired of having to worry about people I care about who tend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Of course after the Niigata disaster that was bad enough, but Debs and Annie and others were in Thailand during the tsunami and the moment I realized that Debs and Alice were in Tokyo during a quake that I could feel up here in Tokamachi, I nearly pooped my pants.

Luckily it was just a decent one but not a massive one.

People, stop doing this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home