Sunday, August 07, 2005


Last night had a great time with Yuko and her family. She invited me to her barbecue at my student Sai's house...Sai is Yuko's cousin. They have a family bbq once a year and I showed up after spending the day on the beach with Debs, Martin and Lopaka the new Hawaiian kid. In this picture is me, a student's mother, Yuko's cousins, father, sister, mother, grandfather, great uncle, neighbors, etc! That's Yuko to my right and her dog Gang kind of sitting on my head. It was tons of fun and great to be part of a normal Japanese family gathering. Was awesome to realize that people in Japan have weird, crazy families just like mine. Yuko was embarrassed of course, but I had to remind her that no matter who you are, everyone has a crazy family...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home