Sunday, December 03, 2006

雪がふろよ



First snow of the season tonight.

Had a dump back home in New Mexico too.

Glad the forces of nature can be in sync to bring everywhere the gift of snow.

Tonight I had a nice meal with the Ota's, drank a beer to celebrate the first snow, and drank some sake from a big 4 liter box.

Can't believe another winter is upon me again, here in snow country. It's amazing how much everything changes here when the snow comes. Not only the landscape, but also the heart and attitude of the people. People become much heartier and tougher. The beginning of snow season makes many here look to the future with heaviness, because they have to dig in their heels for the long haul. I think I'm secretly resented for rejoicing in the snowfall, but you can't deny it's beautiful.

I'm going home in 3 weeks!

5 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched you chug sake out of the box, It was awesome! Can't wait to see you, we're gonna have a blast!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Erik said...

sip, not chug.

yah! parteeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

 
At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you really sip when you're holding a 4 liter box above your head?

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger kittykat said...

hope tokyo was fun, slacker. Sugoi Yuki at Kagura.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Erik said...

I don't believe you.

TOKYO WAS AWESOME! I love that city.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home