Friday, November 04, 2005

a few things from this week...

1. last night about 1 A.M., a noticeable earthquake hit while I was going to the bathroom. Of the hundreds of strong earthquakes I've felt within the past year, this was the first I can remember being mid-pee.

2. My fly was halfway open during my big class to 50 elementary students today. The loud kid kept shouting something at me in Japanese but I assumed he was just being obnoxious.

3. I was a rock star yesterday, though I hadn't planned on it. I went to Mizusawa's culture day festival in the morning where I helped with a quiz game they played with all the students. Then the science teacher came up to me and asked "you sing Beatles?". Sure, who doesn't right? So I asked, "With other teachers?" imagining a big chorus that I could just blend into in the back of the group. "Yes, other teachers" he said.

I get up on the stage, turns out it's just 5 teachers, a band with drums, piano, guitar, and then just me on vocals. The math teacher also sang vocals with me, but as the curtains opened and a microphone was placed in my hand, I sure felt alone. However, the students were thrilled and started getting up and dancing below the stage and screaming and pawing at my feet. Rock star. I sang "Hey Jude" and "O bla di".














that's me singing, half surprised cuz i didn't think it'd be just me and a mic in my hands

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the zip thing if fing hillarious!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha i love it xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home