Friday, September 16, 2005

Made it...

Sitting on my sister's couch watching like 800 overwhelming channels of TV in English, a bit jetlagged and tired, already played for an hour with my niece Zen and she's the cutest thing ever, aside from my other niece Amelia and the baby in my sister's belly.

Flight went well other than getting the wrong train and then the wrong stop. I was the very last to check in and was stuck in the back corner, last row. But there I could here the flight attendant's gossip...not much else to do during take off. I flew Northwest. They had a bad day, with claiming chapter 11 bankruptcy and all, and all their mechanics on strike...didn't exactly give me the safest feeling knowing that my airline was flat broke and they were hiring random temps to do all the maintenance. Oh well.

I was pretty much the only white guy on the plane aside from Karl Kruse (another ALT down the highway from me). What the #&*(%?? Random. I can't escape that guy. They keep bunking me with him for the damn conferences too...

So tired...but the view is turquoise blue waters in Honolulu Harbor. Just snarfed down a perfect lox and bagel lunch...gooooooood....

Yoshi!

10 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow dude, cant believe ur there already, have a wicked trip luv, i look forward to seeing lots of cute kiddies pictures!!
Im out with shisei tonight.... arrrgh!! ive made a promp sheet so i have lots of questions in japanese ready to fire at him!!
miss u already xxxxx

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Erik said...

hahahahaha...you're working from a script! classic...

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

put pictures of the babies! i miss them!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

You are so lucky! have fun in Hawaii!
What does Yoshi mean?
-j

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Thanks! Yoshi means "sweet!" or "good stuff yo!" I went to the beach today. I'm red.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger kittykat said...

hahaha, well getting red serves you right, that'll learn ya! All that bragging eh?

Cant believe you got Karl Kruse on the plane..small world eh?

Just came back from Tokyo where i bumped into a friend of friend at 4am in Shibuya.......small world indeed

have fun and get fat!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Thanks Kat! Fat I'm not but my red is slowly turning brown. I got you a present too...

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger kittykat said...

honto!!

yeeeeeeeeeehaw!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Erik said...

Honto da yo!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger kittykat said...

sugoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, yo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home