Wednesday, May 18, 2005

What a weird weekend

So, I officially lost my very first drinking 'battle' to a Japanese person, after being undefeated several times. It's not like I do this sort of thing often at all, or that I think social drinking is a competition, I went out for just one drink on Saturday and ended up out till 6 A.M. I lost in a bad way, and my head STILL hurts 4 days later, but I made some new friends that I had seen around at Nate's bar for a while but was too shy to befriend. It was some guy's birthday, and he won. I'm happy for him. I have a slight suspicion that they were just trying to innebriate me to see the foreigner do funny things, which I did...apparently.

I'm going to the travel agency today to buy a ticket to Okinawa next month to see my aunt and uncle for cousin Mia's graduation. I'll only get to go for 3 days or so but I think I got a great deal. Normally, domestic travel in Japan is more expensive than flying overseas (from my apartment to Okinawa would normally be maybe $600 or $700). I think I hooked this up for $300 plus a hotel room in the city for a night. We'll see if there are actually tickets left.

Other news...I will be the Regional Advisor for all the new ALT's coming into my area next year. Also, there is a big conference coming up in Tokyo next month which should be fun to get back into the city. Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home