Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring

Sorry for the lack of posts. I haven't been feeling so excited about telling everyone about the cool things I'm doing, now that I know I'm leaving soon. It's a bit of a bittersweet feeling but I'm enjoying it while I can and having lots of fun. It's cherry blossom season and today I found a tree in full bloom on the edge of the rice field near my place today. Spent some time relaxing underneath it and just enjoying the moment.

Since I last posted pics, done lotsa fun stuff. It's much easier to try this web album thing, so click on the link to check out a few pics from the winter and spring.

http://picasaweb.google.com/myweinerhasafirstname/RandomBlogPicsPostedApril08

Otherwise I have been busy preparing for a music concert. I have been studying the shakuhachi, a traditional bamboo flute. I only have wooden ones though because the bamboo flutes cost as much as a car, but the learning is coming along. Sunday I'm part of a traditional music group doing the musical accompaniment for a community play. I'm joining a group with my teacher and another shakuhachi player, two shamisen, drums and some elderly singers. Not exactly a ripping rock show, but I think it's pretty cool.

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude!! why does a flute cost so much? We should really plan a trip to thailand- vietnam- wherever cool over there... Let's talk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home