Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's like, totally, like, June already and stuff

Man, I really gotta keep up on this blog thing. The weather's been good, things are all thick and green again, and I'm surrounded by mini lakes of flooded rice fields again. Hot, humid, rainy season is soon upon us. The air conditioner in my car is dead. I'm worried.

School has been a blast lately and I've been having a lot of fun with my kids. I played hours of dodgeball yesterday and hours of basketball today, and a few days ago I played 'oni', which is the Japanese version of tag, but 'oni' really means 'devil' or 'demon', so instead of being 'it', you are the devil, and you chase people around, screaming. Sounds really satanic, but actually, it's just tag.

Speaking of things demonic/divine, we saw the Da Vinci code on Saturday cuz it was Yuko's birthday, and I actually really liked it. I didn't read the book so that probably helped. Also, I know very little about things Christian, other than from growing up in catholic New Mexico, where you learn that there are infinite ways to airbrush Jesus onto the hood or your car, or tattoo him onto your shoulder. SO when Yuko asked me to explain the history of Jesus Christ, western divinity, the apostles and Mary Magdalen (who's name I had originally confused with Bach's second wife, Anna Magdalena), I did the best that a half-Jew living in Buddhist Japan could do; I researched it on the internet and reported back later.

P.S. Anna's coming to Japan Wednesday so that's awesome! Will probably meet up in Tokyo. Also, I will put up pics from Dad's and Ely's trips soon.

P.P.S. I'm turning 10,000 days old on Wednesday and I'm going to celebrate.

5 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger kittykat said...

happy 10,000th day!

random. how the hell did you work that out?

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home