Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I came to allergy hell

Why did no one tell me this? Apparently Japan is one of the worst places in the world for cedar and other pollen, because after WWII they did tons of reforestation partially because so many homes had to be rebuilt after the war, and they planted tons of cedar trees which spit out tons of pollen. So, I'm preparing myself to head to a Japanese doctor for the first time...a little nervous about that language barrier but I'll just tell them the names of my favorite allergy drugs and hope it all works out. The Japanese end up wearing funny allergy masks and goggles all day but I'm not ready to be that Japanese yet...

Also, today is the welcoming ceremony for the first year students, which I assumed was the same as the opening ceremony yesterday which wasn't too formal, but no, this one includes all the PARENTS and school board and I was frowned upon this morning for not wearing my suit, which I only brought for big meetings and graduations. So, at lunch I'll drive home and put my suit on. Nobody tells me anything!

Had another little earthquake last night. I've felt six earthquakes in the past two weeks, one of which was big enough to rattle all the windows and knock the bottle of TUMS off my fridge, and one last month that broke a new beer glass. These are still aftershocks from the massive earthquake we had 6 MONTHS AGO in October...I'll put up a retropost on that someday. Crazy to still have aftershocks but it is the same fault, same place, same depth. Someone said they think it has to do with the snow melting and changing the dynamics of the geology somehow. Not sure if I believe that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home